At FREENOW, we're going green! We're committed to a future with zero-emission vehicles. Recent feedback from passengers shows a strong preference for sustainable options, aligning with government initiatives to ban petrol and diesel vehicles by 2030.
Our goal is to have 100% zero-emission vehicles on our app by 2025. To achieve this, we're taking six key steps:
- Investing over £20 million to support drivers switching to electric vehicles.
- Gradually phasing out non-compliant vehicles ahead of regulations.
- Collaborating with local authorities, regulators, and the government to improve EV infrastructure.
- Allocating over £10 million for passenger promotions and discounts on electric options.
- Providing solutions for businesses to access greener travel.
- Carbon offsetting all emissions from 2020 onwards, with a focus on preserving and regenerating forests, including planting 20,000 trees in Europe.
What if I already have an electric vehicle?
You don't need to do anything. Keep on doing what you're doing. As the market picks up again from the current lockdown, you'll be first in line to benefit from our investments in passenger and B2B marketing.
What have electric vehicles achieved so far on FREENOW?
- Together, electric vehicles have saved 4000 tonnes of CO2 (that’s the equivalent of planting 250k trees).
- Together, you’ve driven 23 million kilometres.
- You’ve had more job offers, lower costs (your average monthly saving is £440 thanks to reduced fuel, road tax and servicing savings) and higher tips all thanks to your cab.
I don’t have an EV Black Cab. What does this mean for me?
You can still take jobs as normal for the next couple of years. If your vehicle is older than 12 years old by 2023, you will need to upgrade to electric to continue taking jobs with FREENOW. And before the end of 2024, all other non-electric black cabs will be removed from the platform.
I own an Old Black Cab. What does this mean for me?
You can still take jobs as normal for now but to continue driving with FREENOW you must upgrade to an electric black cab.
We know switching to a new electric vehicle is an expensive decision to make, and that’s why we commit to helping you do so. We’ll stay in touch with the latest offers and support.