Multi-Factor Authentication, also known as MFA or 2FA is an electronic authentication method in which a user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting evidence that helps identify them. At FREENOW we are using MFA to enhance the security in the driver login process.
As a driver, MFA will only trigger when you log in from a device that is different to the last device you used.
How does the process work?
When following your usual process of logging into your FREENOW account, you'll be prompted to verify your identity via a code that can be sent via SMS, phone call or to the email address registered to your account. After you've entered the code into the app you should access your account as normal.
How do I update my account information?
There are two ways you can update your account information;
- You may receive a pop-up to confirm or update your information via the app. Please follow our instructions on how to navigate yourself through how to update your information via the pop-up
- If you didn't receive the pop-up and would like to update your details you'll need to contact our Driver Care Team to get this information updated. Be sure to use the email address attached to your FREENOW driver account.
How do I update my information via the app pop-up?
- A pop-up will appear asking to update your information (Image 1)
- Tap 'Next' (Image 1)
- You'll be shown the information that is currently associated with your account (Image 2)
- If this information is correct tap 'Yes'. However, if you need to update this information, tap 'No' (Image 2)
- You'll then be taken to a new screen where you can enter your most up-to-date number and email address (Image 3)
- When entering your new number please make sure you enter your country code before proceeding (Image 3)
- You'll be asked to confirm if the information you've entered is correct. If everything looks OK, tap 'Yes' (Image 4)
- If you've made a mistake, Tap 'No. You'll be taken back to the update screen (image 3) Here you'll be able to re-enter your updated details
- Finally, tap 'Close' to complete the process