We've discovered that some Android devices do not send location updates when the driver app is in the background, i.e. while using Waze or another transportation app.
This issue is due to a default "Battery Saver" setting, most prevalent on Xiaomi, Huawei, Redmi and Samsung.
To prevent this from happening and have the best navigation experience, you will need to disable the battery-saving mode on your device - unfortunately, this can't be prompted by this change from the app.
Click on your device below & please follow the instructions:
- Drag down the menu bar
- Tap the settings cog in the top right-hand corner (Image 2)
- Tap 'Apps'
- Tap the 'FREENOW' app
- Tap 'Battery'
- Tap 'Optimise battery usage'
- Tap 'All apps'
- Tap the toggle next to the 'FREENOW' app
- Tap 'Manage apps' (Image 1)
- Type 'FREENOW' into the search bar (Image 2)
- Tap the FREENOW Driver app (Image 3)
- App info will open
- Scroll down until you see 'Battery saver'
- Tap 'Battery saver' (Image 4)
- Tap 'No restrictions' (Image 5)