We've discovered that some Android devices don't send location updates when the driver app is in the background, i.e. while using Waze or another transportation app.
This issue is due to a default 'Battery Saver' setting, mostly seen on Xiaomi, Huawei, Redmi and Samsung.
To prevent this from happening you'll need to disable the battery-saving mode on your device.
Click on your device below and follow the instructions:
- Drag down the menu bar
- Tap the settings cog in the top right-hand corner
- Tap 'Apps'
- Tap the 'FREENOW' app
- Tap 'Battery'
- Tap 'Optimise battery usage'
- Tap 'All apps'
- Tap the toggle next to the 'FREENOW' app
- Tap 'Manage apps'
- Type 'FREENOW' into the search bar
- Tap the FREENOW Driver app
- App info will open
- Scroll down until you see 'Battery saver'
- Tap 'Battery saver'
- Tap 'No restrictions'