The Permission Letter is evidence from the vehicle owner or rental company that you have their permission to use the vehicle for private hire.
Note: When updating vehicle documents, your documents are only submitted to our team when all of the documents are updated. For example, if your vehicle has two expired/missing documents, our team will not receive the vehicle to validate until the second document is uploaded.
- All four corners of the document must be visible
- Details of the company providing the vehicle
- Your details must match your DVLA Plastic Driving Licence
- Vehicle registration must match your V5C Logbook, Insurance Certificate and your FREENOW profile
- Hire start and end date (if no end date is present, the expiry date of the Private Hire Vehicle Licence will be used)
- Signed by the lessor
- If being used in the place of an Insurance Schedule it must contain the insurance policy number
Common reasons for rejection:
- Vehicle or driver details are missing
- All four corners of the document are not visible
- Start and end date not shown
- Signature missing
To view and update your Driver or Vehicle Documents now, head to our FREENOW Driver Portal.