The MOT test certificate confirms that at the time of test, the vehicle has met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards.
If your vehicle is not one year old you are not required to have an MOT, submit your Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHVL) in its place.
Note: When updating vehicle documents, your documents are only submitted to our team when all of the documents are updated. For example, if your vehicle has two expired/missing documents, our team will not receive the vehicle to validate until the second document is uploaded.
- Must be a photo of the original signed document from the garage if owned, a scanned copy is acceptable if rented
- We do not accept DVSA MOT’s even if they have a signature
- All four corners visible
- Vehicle details must match the Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHVL) and your Kapten profile
- Must be within 6 months old
Common reasons for rejection:
- Submitting a scanned version when the vehicle is owned
- A DVSA MOT Certificate
- All four corners are not visible
- Older than 6 months old
To view and update your Driver or Vehicle Documents now, head to our FREENOW Portal.