The Private Hire Vehicle Licence (PHVL) is the A4 certificate provided by TfL which authorises a vehicle to be used for private hire in London.
Note: When updating vehicle documents, your documents are only submitted to our team when all of the documents are updated. For example, if your vehicle has two expired/missing documents, our team will not receive the vehicle to validate until the second document is uploaded.
- If owned, the photo should be the original document. If rented, a scanned copy is acceptable
- The upload should be colour and easy to read
- All four corners of the document must be visible
- The owner’s name on the document must match the owner’s name on the vehicle's V5C Logbook
- The owner’s address on the document must match the owner’s address on the vehicle's V5C Logbook
- The vehicle registration must match the vehicle registration on your FREENOW profile and the vehicle's V5C Logbook
- The vehicle make and model must match the vehicle make and model on your FREENOW profile and the vehicle's V5C Logbook
Common reasons for rejection:
- If your vehicle is owned, a scanned upload can not be accepted
- Mistakenly uploading the Private Hire Driving Licence (PCO)
- All four corners not showing
To view and update your Driver or Vehicle Documents now, head to our FREENOW Driver Portal.